WDHA Buy Back Program
1. Horses must be owned or leased by a member of WDHA in good standing.
2. Horses must have been entered in the WDHA High Point program for the years points are being bought back.
3. Legion of Merit Buyback cost is $55.00 for each year points are being bought back.
4. Supreme Legion of Merit Buyback cost is $70.00 for each year points are being bought back.
5. Year horse is originally nominated for Legion of Merit or Supreme Legion of Merit will be the year that determines the number of points necessary to be awarded the trophy.
6. Points bought back will not count towards any year end awards.
7. If you have purchased a horse and are unsure if it was in the WDHA High Point program, please contact the High Point Secretary at the address/phone/e-mail below.
WDHA Legion of MeritThe WDHA High Point Trophy to be given to all horses winning 1,500 points in the High Point System. The Legion of Merit is open to registered PB and Half Arabian/Anglo Arabians. A $50.00 entry fee is required the first year, thereafter a $40 renomination fee will be required. Fees will be adjusted as necessary.
WDHA Legion of Supreme Merit
The WDHA Supreme Legion of Merit requires an additional 3,000 points. These points can start to be accumulated after the Legion of Merit has been earned. It may be entered the same year the Legion of Merit is completed, however no points will be awarded for the SLOM from the same show that the LOM was completed at. A $65.00 entry fee is required the first year, thereafter a $55.00 re-nomination fee will be required. Fees will be adjusted as necessary.
WDHA High Point Rules
Please read carefully - Effective November 1, 2011
1. Points are earned based on earning a ribbon and will be counted only in the divisions entered.
2. Horses must be registered Purebred or Half Arabian/Anglo-Arabian.
3. Futurity/Maturity placings will count toward their respective halter or performance divisions.
4. Last owner winning points will receive the awards, but must be a WDHA member in good standing. High Point Secretary must be promptly notified of change of ownership.
5. Horses nominated must be owned or leased by a member of WDHA in good standing.
6. Handlers and riders/trainers must also be members of WDHA in good standing. Exception for Open Shows ONLY: If the exhibitor is a junior (18 and under) exhibitor that shows a horse not owned by their family. Fees for associate memberships for the high point exhibitor requirement should be directly deposited or transferred into high point for use toward that calendar year high point awards.
7. Horses must be nominated before the time of winning points or the points will not count.
8. Points MUST be reported within 30 days of winning points or points will not count. Applies to each show entered.
9. Fees must be paid at time of nomination.
10. All points are to be sent directly to the High Point Secretary. The length of time for points to have accumulated is November 1, prior year through October 31, current year. The length of time for final points to be reported is November 1, year prior through November 1, year current. NO points will be accepted for program year if postmarked after November 1, current year.
11. Participants may check their points with the secretary at any time during the year, but questions about other participants will not be answered.
12. Exhibitor points will accumulate in all divisions that the horse is nominated in, including equitation and horsemanship classes.
13. Division 1 (PB Western Pleasure) and Division 5 (PB Huntseat Pleasure) are divided into two categories: Rated Shows or Open Shows. Please indicate which category you will be competing in on your nomination form. If you compete in both, both must be entered.
14. The WDHA Futurity/Maturity/Open Show may be counted in either open or rated divisions, depending on what you have entered. Please specify on the reporting form. Open classes use the “Open Show” points doubled and the Futurity/Maturity classes use the “WDHA Futurity & Maturity classes” doubled.